Sunday, January 09, 2011

Instrumentals


白夜を行く - byakuyakou instrumental ost

My heart feels heavy everytime I listen to this, especially after the first minute. I think it's the prolonged low notes and the sad melody from the violin. And around the middle, flower buds start to bloom and grow, brought by the wind to another place where they wither and die. Japanese music remind me of flowers all the time

Actually there's another piece from the soundtrack, 祈り (inori) which seriously leaves you in a depressed mood especially when it comes from the drama but they don't have it on youtube :( There's a low, continuous melody (cello or doublebass) accompanied by a sad tinkling melody on a much higher pitch, the notes like stars which can't be reached where the sad mellow notes continue. The tinkling notes like a hopeful melody but you just know it doesn't exist. Downright depressing I swear it's worse than the one above.


There are two other instrumental tracks that reminds me of star studded skies:


Ryuusei no Kizuna OST - Shishiza Ryusei-gun



Sora kara furu ichioku no hoshi OST - Godsend



They make you fall in love with instrumentals. Yup.

No comments: